Friday, February 28, 2014

Causes: Rare Disease Day, FPIES Families.

Here's another post in my Causes series.  As most of you reading this know, Myra has Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome, FPIES (said F-PIES) for short.  In honor of Rare Disease Day, I wanted to share a link to the FPIES Foundation's page that shares the stories of FPIES children, Myra included.

I overheard someone talking at Target yesterday about symptoms that sounded a lot like FPIES.  They had seen multiple doctors, ruled out reflux, and were considering seeing a neurologist.  I'm no doctor, but I've read enough of these stories to know, based on what I heard her say, FPIES is certainly a possibility for that little baby.  I didn't want to seem like a creep, but now I'm kicking myself for not saying something (I always say something!).  The more awareness that exists for obscure things like FPIES, the less families will be trudging through the horrible, confusing, stressful symptoms without answers or support...and the healthier our babies will be!

Click here to read stories from other FPIES families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...