Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Clearing Out Cobwebs.

UFF DA.  I didn't even look at how long it's been since my last blog post.  I don't want to know.  As standard procedure for returning from an inadvertent blog hiatus, this will mostly be a photo dump.   When it's been so long since I've written here, I'm generally at a loss for where to begin.  So, photos it is. [Edited to add: I lied, mostly a narrative with some photos.  I'm determined to do another post soon with more details of what we've been up to this fall/October.]

Sofia Noethe Photography
The nutshell version of life these days:  I left my formal job in June.  I was working part time, some from home, for a non-profit an hour away (where we used to live).  I absolutely loved my co-workers and the work I did, and I still miss that part, but it was so much to juggle.  I was doing computer work in the evenings after the kids went to bed, my work schedule changed week to week, and trying to get phone/computer work done with small kids around wasn't getting any easier.  I've had the wonderful opportunity to babysit a few great kids for some additional income which is what allowed me to transition out of formal employment.  I have really been working on my own personal growth and development lately, more on that later.

Trevor is actually designing my October habit tracker here, but he looks like he could be studying
Trevor is in his second year of dental school and still enjoying it.  Although difficult, he is very dedicated and doing well.  For all intents and purposes, the second year is the most difficult.  Trevor's current courses include lecture and/or lab in the following: Microbiology, Pathology, Prosthetics, Operative, Oral Radiology, Periodontology, Bio Materials, and who knows what else.  I can't keep track (and I'm a pretty organized planner person).  He's also preparing for Boards in February.  Trevor is now a First Lieutenant and his job in the Guard is to be a dental student.  He surely misses much of First Sergeant life, but is very much looking forward to serving as a dentist one day and this is step one.



Myra (3.5) is in her first year of PreK (preschool) and loving every minute.  She goes two days a week and loves her teachers and new friends.  On Tuesdays and Fridays, she wakes up and says, "It's PRESCHOOL DAY!!!!" while clenching her fists.  I wasn't sure we'd be able to send her this year, dental school ain't cheap, but we qualified for a scholarship and I am so grateful.  Generally, kids are fine without preschool, especially at 3, but she loves it so much and we want her to continue loving school, so this is a huge help.  She's also been doing swimming lessons and thinks that's pretty great, too.  She's made great progress with her skills as well.



Niko (1.5) is in an ECFE class (during one of Myra's PreK days -- perfect timing) and it's so fun to watch him explore and learn new things there.  The parents separate for our own parent education time and the toddlers are not big fans of that part.  Our class is exploring options to make that part go a bit more smoothly, but like most things in life, the biggest help will probably simply be time.  Though we don't get much time for the parent education side since the toddlers are all downward spiraling, one of the things I love about ECFE is practice with separating, so we are at least working on that aspect weekly.


Rowdy (6) loves to play fetch with his orange Chuck-It balls and go for walks.  He's patient with the kids climbing on him and barks at anyone who comes near our property line.  He's a good boy and an excellent walking partner, even on the treadmill!  He's a big fan of doggie daycare here and gets to go every once in a while as a special treat.



Both kids keep me/us busy and give us lots to smile and laugh about.  We've been passing time by spending time with friends, exploring, reading, going to school, and messing up toys and dishes then cleaning it all up again, lather/rinse/repeat.  Perfect timing, as they're waking up now, so I'm back to the grind.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...