Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Niko at Six Months.

Six months (yesterday)! AHHH!  I mean, I love the progress.  So far, both of my kids have gotten easier and more fun as time goes on, despite Myra's health issues.  I love the progress part.  But holy cow, how are we already halfway to his first birthday? That blows my mind.


Official 6 month check up report: healthy baby boy!  24.73" long (55%), 19 lb 5oz (82%), 45.5cm head (96%).  His height percentile went down, but those measurements always seems so impossible to get anyway.  Niko got his vaccines, nursed right away, then passed out in the car.  For the first time ever with either kid, he barely woke up when I brought him inside and he went right back to sleep in his crib.  I need to hit the publish button ASAP before he wakes up and all of that becomes less exciting.

Niko is such a happy guy.  He likes to smile, squak and yell, roll around (both ways plus scooting, semi-mobile I guess), put stuff in his mouth, spit up (small amounts, but often), suck his thumb, and he just found his toes which is super fun.  He absolutely adores Myra and smiles at her no matter what she does.  She thinks Niko is pretty great, too, and loves to greet him ("Niko's awake!!"), hug him, kiss him, tickle him ("ticky, ticky, ticky, ticky!").  Myra is a great helper with him, too.  She even got his diaper ready, insert and all.  I didn't have the heart to tell her he was already wearing one.


He loves to bounce.  When I have him in a carrier, he will bounce if I stop moving.  No solid foods yet.  Though neither of us suspect FPIES, we are in no rush (food before one is mainly for fun!).  We'll wait until he's sitting unassisted then see how he likes squash.  Niko is a bit top heavy, so it's no surprise he can't quite sit on his own yet.  We'll be doing mostly baby led weaning again since it makes sense and, bonus, is super easy.  We'll just do it one food at a time for a while.

Also, this is me at 6 months postpartum.  I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy and have lost 37 so far.  Honestly, I haven't intentionally done much to lose the weight.  I'm generally healthy but have done my fair share of eating crap, so I'm definitely okay with this progress!


Read his birth story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...