Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A True Three Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Recipe.

I'm sure many of you have seen the "two ingredient" cake recipes floating around Pinterest and cyber space.  While it's true there are only two things to mix together, those of us who deal with food allergies know there are way more than two ingredients!  The box of cake mix in my cupboard has 12 ingredients, including two of the top eight allergens.  In the FPIES world, there are often requests for recipes that are truly simple to make and free of the really scary stuff.  I mean, anything can be scary for an FPIES kid, but some things are more commonly safe than others.

I got this recipe from a fellow FPIES mom who adapted it from other recipes found online, so I can't take credit for it and neither can my friend, she said.  Regardless, it's a simple recipe and could definitely be tweaked to suit your needs and taste.


 
Ready for the big reveal?
 
1 avocado (a ripe one, unlike what's seen in my photo)
Cocoa powder (as in pure cocoa, not a chocolate powder with other ingredients)
Pure maple syrup
 
For Myra's, I used 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1/2-3/4 teaspoon maple syrup.
 
Mix together and enjoy!  If you have a safe milk, you could add that.  Myra can have coconut, so I could have mixed that in, but she was growing impatient so I just went with it.  Of course, it does taste different than chocolate pudding from a box.  Myra gobbled it up and it's full of healthy fats, fiber, flavonoids, antioxidants, and more.
 
Note: I think it's universally known that chocolate is not safe for dogs.  We learned last year that cocoa is actually worse than chocolate.  So, be sure to keep your furry friends safe while your kid gets messy with the pudding. 
 


Click the FPIES tab at the top of the page to read more about FPIES, our experience, food trials, recipes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...