Monday, November 5, 2012

$345 cocoa.

Rowdy is a very good dog. 99% of the time. This morning he ate two packets of hot cocoa mix. Trevor called the vet and, to be safe, they said we should bring him in. I guess cocoa is even worse than plain chocolate because of the amount of certain ingredients. They induced vomiting, fed him charcoal stuff, hooked him up to an IV and monitored him for the rest of the day. He was a very good boy for them and ate his medicine and bland mushy food just fine. He seemed perfectly normal when I picked him up. Now he's on a diet of bland canned food and a couple meds to make sure his tummy settles just fine. $345 later we have a happy, healthy puppy. And as much as it hurt paying that vet bill, it would have hurt a LOT more if he weren't okay. We've been pretty lucky thus far with only the standard vet visits, so it seemed our time had come.

But seriously, look at his cute post-cocoa, post-charcoal face!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Baking cocoa is the worst. Glad you got him in asap because they can get really sick at high doses. What a cute boy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...