Sunday, May 13, 2012

Treasure.

Is this post called Treasure because we have the best friends on the planet and we just treasure them so much?  Actually, no.  I mean, we do, totally do, but this post is called Treasure because that's what our friends' daughter has always called Trevor and it's so darn cute.  But let's go back to Thursday first...

This has been an awesome week off work and I love spending time with Trevor, but it's probably not the best idea, at least for us, to go from spending a year apart to being together 24/7 for 10 days.  And hey, Trevor hasn't really had any alone time in a year and that could make a person crazy.  So, I made use of my time off work and went to visit Angie.

Angie just moved in with an awesome couple and her roommates have two dogs.  A nine-week-old Golden Retriever and a three-year-old Great Dane.  He's huge but very sweet.  Angie and Collin were showing me around the house and when I looked out Collin's window all I saw was a big open field.  I asked Collin if he ever saw animals out there ("yes") and as I was looking around I saw one myself.  I said "Ooh, like horses??"  Nope, that was just the Great Dane.  We all had a good laugh.


Let's be honest though, he's gigantic!

Angie had two softball games so I went along to watch.  I'd say they're more of a "play to have fun" team, which is great because they lost their first game 35-0.  But everyone did have fun!



It was a good time.  Trevor ended up finishing the garage shelving then golfing with his dad and a few other guys-said that was a good time, too.

On my way home, I set out on a horribly dreadful shopping experience to try to find some baseball pants for Trevor.  Apparently I have no luck shopping for anything.  Shortly after getting home, Trevor and I were off to visit some friends, the ones whose daughter calls Trevor Treasure.  Nick and Trevor went to school together, although briefly, and will forever talk about the "good old days."  They wound up deployed at the same time (to different places) and Nick got Trevor started on fabulous slippers.  And I mean fabulous, the most girly pink with jewels with Princess written on them fabulous.  Nick married Amy and over the last few years we've gotten together every so often.  Amy has a blog and hers is what got me convinced I should just start one already.  They're both awesome-the kind of friends where you end up asking yourself why don't we do this more often? after spending time with them.  They made us a delicious supper, and we all just talked and laughed and the kids played and danced and read books.





Saturday was more fun with friends.  We had John, Mari and their girls over for more fun with friends we should definitely see more often.  Rowdy got lots of attention and loved every minute of it.  


I even told Trevor I didn't want to stay up too late since getting up early and going back to work Monday will be rough.  So, naturally we were up til 4am playing our favorite games (Catch Phrase, Mad Gab, Taboo and Apples to Apples to be specific).  


 
We mix and matched teams and it was an even competition no matter who was with whom.  Lots of fun had by all!  So, yeah, we do treasure our friends who are the best friends on the planet.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Thanks for all the kind words. We're looking forward to seeing you again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...