Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Holidays.

Calm down, this post is about Christmas and two birthdays.  But, for the record, I think people should be able to say Merry Christmas without fear of offending someone; however, I think people should be able to say Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, or whatever else they want without that fear, too.  Basically, if you're being nice and wishing me a Happy anything, I appreciate it.  The end.

Our weekend started off with a trip to the Cities.  We met up with my dad to visit my Grandpa, stopped for some food at Big Bowl then headed to Jon & Moe's for Jon's surprise birthday party.  We had fun with good friends, ate good food and, of course, played Rock Band.



Sunday Trevor was hard at work with our friend Nick working on finishing up our basement.  It's been mostly completed for a couple years now, but still needs trim and doors which is more work than one might think.  

On Christmas Eve we went to Trevor's parents' house to celebrate Christmas and his mom's birthday (also December 25).  My dad came, too, which is wonderful for Trevor and me to have everyone in one place.  We had a good time with his family, ate great food and loved the excitement of the kids opening presents.  We all got presents, too, but I think I had the most fun watching the kids!

On Christmas, Trevor and I brought his parents to the airport for their trip to Palm Springs.  Then we headed straight to the St. Paul Grill to meet my dad for lunch.  My great aunt was supposed to join us, too, but she wasn't feeling well.  We had a delicious lunch and were so full we didn't have room for supper.

Presents are great and it's fun to give people things that make them smile.  (Did you think my soap box stopped with holiday greetings?)  Regardless of that fact, Trevor and I have never done Christmas gifts for each other.  And regardless of that fact, he managed to give me the best gift ever this year...he was home.  There's no gift I need from him, nothing I can honestly say I want either, just having him here to do all the running around and birthday/Christmas stuff with me was perfect.  And in between all these parties and get togethers, we spent lots of quality time with Rowdy.


We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah, birthday or whatever else you may be celebrating this time of year!

-A 
  

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ali, T & Rowdy -- did you find yourselves thinking about how different next Christmas is going to be with a baby crawling around, getting into presents/ornaments/xmas tress/etc???? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We just talked about that on our way home yesterday. Crazy how different life can be from one year to the next. Last year he was in Kuwait celebrating via FaceTime, this year I'm 30 days from due date and next year we'll have a very mobile almost one year old!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...