Friday, November 30, 2012

Baby Shower #2.

My wonderful mother-in-law, Christy, threw me my second baby shower, this one for family members.  The room was beautifully decorated (in lots of pink!) with lots of great food.  





We had another good turn out for this shower.  Many of Trevor's aunts and a few cousins came as well as one of his grandmas.  My family is much smaller and somewhat spread out, but I still had a good turn out from my side of the family, too.     





Everyone who came was invited to decorate/personalize a onesie for the baby.  They all turned out great and I can't wait to put her in them!  Also, they filled out a Wishes for Baby sheet with things like "I hope you learn..." and "I hope you know..."  These are very special messages from loved ones that I can't wait to display.  I have them from my first shower, too.  We were, once again, very spoiled with very thoughtful gifts from our generous loved ones.

Baby's aunties got her all set up with cute Nike, Puma, Under Armour, Vikings, Twins, etc. gear.

  Flickr
Trevor's aunts on his mom's side all chipped in to get us this Beco Gemini baby carrier that we're both so excited to use!  I did a lot of research into the parents' favorites and came up with this one and the Baby K'Tan that we'll be getting with some gift cards.

 My great aunt Louise put together a very thoughtful gift for us.  She made the card with one of my own baby photos on the front!

  Flickr
This was part of my gift from Louise.  She is my grandma's sister (my grandma passed away when I was almost 7).  My grandma made this quilt for Louise when she started having her own babies.  Louise kept it around for her grandkids and thought my grandma would have loved to know I had it (I was her first grandchild and this would have been her first great-grandchild).  It's still in excellent shape and I'm so excited to have it and tell our daughter how awesome her great-grandma was!

As you can tell, it was another wonderful shower.  I'm still gushing over how loved this little girl is and she's not even here yet.  It just makes me that much more excited to bring her into this world knowing she'll have so many people looking after her.  Thanks again to everyone for being so excited with us!

-A   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...