Monday, January 21, 2013

39 weeks, 3 days

Today's weekly check up went well. I'm at 158 pounds which means I lost 3 in the last week and I'm up 29 pounds overall. The nurse said that's fairly common and still within the right weight gain range (25-35 pounds for women who start out at a healthy weight). You burn more calories just carrying baby this late in the game, plus it gets harder to eat as much since you run out of room! Also, I've been especially active the last week or two since it helps with recovery after labor and certainly doesn't hinder getting baby into the right position!

Baby's heart rate was 140 today, heard some hiccups and kicks while listening to the heart rate, too. I'm 3-4cm dilated and today the doctor was not able to move baby's head up which is a good thing-she's getting ready! The doctor did a membrane sweep which she said will work 50% of the time to put women into labor within 2 days. I'm certainly not holding my breath, but definitely crossing my fingers! Since the appointment I've felt a little crampy but I hear that's normal whether the sweep works or not.

That's about all I've got for updates! She had us schedule another appointment for next week but hopefully we won't need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...